1. Is Class Attendance Counted in Grading?

Answer: A student will be dropped from the class If the student fails to attend class during the first two weeks of any quarter without any approval or notice; a student who is absent from four or more class meetings of a course over a term will receive an “F” for the class.

2. When Can F-1 Students Take any quarters off?

Answer: Students may apply for a quarter off after completing three successive quarters. Application to the International Student Advisor must be completed 14 days prior to the start of the quarter.

3. Do students have any access to copiers or printers on campus?

Answer: ACCT has three copiers available for student copying and printing worth $20 of copying each quarter.

4. What concentrations does ACCT have under the Computer Information System (CIS) master program?

Answer: You can concentrate on any of the following: Software Engineering, Computer Networking, Cyber Security, System Development, Telecommunications, Project Management, Spatial Business Intelligence, and Quality Assurance.

Software Engineering, Computer Networking, Cyber Security, System Development, Telecommunications, Project Management, Spatial Business Intelligence, and Quality Assurance.


1. How many credits may be transferred to ACCT?

Answer: Graduate students may transfer in three courses (13.5 credits); Bachelor’s degree program students must take at least 12 courses in residence to be eligible for graduation at the Falls Church campus.  Alhambra, California Campus transfer credit policy is listed on page 15 of the Alhambra catalog.


1) Who do I see about CPT?

Answer: See the dean of your academic program.

2. What is CPT?

Answer: CPT is a program that enables international students to acquire practical training through employment with a verified employer.

3) Why CPT advising is important? 

Answer: The student is expected to meet his adviser to identify the CIS/BUS course and the CPT experience that will enhance the student’s academic and career experiences.

4. Who is eligible for CPT?

Answer: The student must be an international student with an F-1 Visa status.  Graduate students may be eligible for CPT if they enroll in a CPT course that is part of the student’s program.  Undergraduate students must complete one academic year.

5) What are the requirements for CPT?

Answer: The student must provide a copy of the job offer letter from the student’s prospective employer that contains the following information:

a) The student’s title and job description of duties
b) The start date and end date of CPT
c) The number of hours the student will work.  SEVIS needs to know if the job is part-time or full-time
d) The supervisor’s name, email address and phone number
e) A signed employer agreement form
f) A signed verification form

Note:  only letters on official letterhead and original signature will be accepted.

6) How long does it take to process a CPT I-20 request?

Answer: You should allow 3 – 5 business days for ACCT,

7) What course is required for CPT?

Answer: If you are in the graduate CIS program, you need to register for CIS 590.
If you are in the graduate Business program, you need to register for BUS 590

Graduate CIS program and BUS students must be enrolled in CIS 590 and BUS 590, respectively.

8) Who are the CPT advisors?

Answer: For the CIS program, the advisor is Professor Alraban.
For the business program, the advisor is Dr. Andronikov.

Professor Alraban for CIS programs and Dr. Andronikov for BUS programs.


1. Are there any required exams at ACCT after enrolling?

Answer:  All students are required to take the Accuplacer English diagnostic exam early in the program, and again in the last quarter prior to graduation.


1. Does ACCT have any scholarships?

Answer: Yes! See the catalog for details.

2. Does ACCT have a loan program?

Answer:  No. However, students may be eligible for a payment plan to allow the student to pay over the duration of the academic term, rather than having to pay the full amount that the start to the term.

3. Are textbooks included in tuition?

Answer:  Most textbooks and instructional materials are usually provided to students, though a few classes may require the student to purchase additional materials.