This position reports to the Director of Student Financial Services and is responsible for ensuring that all Active Military tuition assistance and Veteran benefit certifications and billings are completed in an accurate and compliant manner. In addition, this position will ensure that all of the funding is appropriately scheduled and collection of the funds happens in a timely manner.
The Military/VA Coordinator also serves as the School Certifying Official (SCO) and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Certifying all veteran benefits through VA Once and completing amendments to term certifications as necessary.
- Notifying students of the certification each term, and noting certifications on student’s file in the system so that advisors know what was certified.
- Providing necessary documentation (i.e. degree plans) to vocational rehabilitation students that is required to obtain approval for benefits
- Working closely with the Vocational Rehabilitation counselors to ensure that certification, billing, and receipt of the benefits occur timely.
- Manage the military tuition assistance program by billing for tuition charges each term, and following up on payments to ensure timely collection of funds
- Responsible for packaging all of the Active Military and Veteran benefit awards.
- Responsible for handling all incoming questions from the VA Office regarding certifications
- Work with the Business Office to ensure that all TA and VA payments that are received are accurately credited to the appropriate students’ accounts.
- Research and resolve discrepancies with VA or Military Tuition Assistance payments.
- Ensuring that all VA refunds are processed in accordance with the deadlines established by the VA
- Responsible for managing the VA files and ensuring that all appropriate documentation is available for Audits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualification & Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field and at least one year of strong knowledge of military tuition assistance and experience processing in VA benefits is preferred.
- Accountability: We are responsible for our own actions, for those of our department, and for our school as we strive to be amazing.
- Problem Solving: We identify solutions to facilitate student success through nontraditional industry methods and progressive solutions that are effective, efficient, and innovative.
- Professionalism: We treat all others as we wish to be treated and as we wish to be defined by others.
- Results Driven: We drive student success in a global society through education, services, and support.
- Teamwork: We don’t just talk about teamwork; we exhibit it in the way that we interact, consult each other, resolve issues, and respect each other’s contributions.
- Work Knowledge: We’re a learning organization that is always evolving and is committed to continual improvement.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: A strong knowledge of active military tuition assistance & VA benefits: 1 year
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree
Special requirement: Excellent Verbal and written communication, critical thinking and effective-problem solving skills
Local Candidates only and preferably a Veteran.